A little something different I wanted to bring to the blog was not only to feature the weddings and sessions I do, but I wanted to showcase the talent behind them! Here is a Q & A I did with Katie, makeup artist & mama from Churchbridge, Sk. She shares some tips, her fave products & other much needed info!
When did you get started?How many weddings have you done?
I started doing makeup in the spring of 2016. I did two weddings my first year of doing makeup, including trials for both brides. I have done five weddings thus far, and I have THIRTEEN weddings booked this year and already two for next year! I am so beyond excited!
What is your favourite thing about being a makeup artist?
I can’t just pick one! Definitely one of my favourite things, is getting to meet so many new people and interact with some of the kindest, sweetest, most beautiful women in the area! I always feel like I can connect with all my clients and feel like we have been best friends forever! Another favourite thing would be getting to see their first reaction when they look in the mirror.
Do you suggest looks or do you prefer if the bride brings ideas?
Usually a bit of both. I love to see what a client’s vision is, and I usually build upon that vision and create a masterpiece!
Do you do trials?
Yes I do offer trials. It is preferred that the bride come to me in Churchbridge, SK.
How long do they normally take?
About 60-90 minutes. I don’t like to rush the trial, because I want to make sure that the bride is happy with everything! That way on the wedding day, everything goes smoothly and there is no second-guessing.
What are the do’s and don’ts for my skincare regime leading up to the day?
• DO wear SPF if you are a Summer bride! You don’t want to risk getting a nasty sunburn before the big day.
• DO try something with AHA’s (exfoliating acids) to remove the dead skin cells, leaving your skin bright and glowing! My favorite product to do this is the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. It works AMAZING!
• DO NOT try any new products within the three weeks leading up to your wedding. If you end up having a reaction to a new product, it can take time for the reaction to come down.
• DO keep your face AND lips moisturized leading up to your wedding day!
How should I prepare for the big day?
• As hard as it is, try your best to get a good nights rest before the big day!
• Drink lots of water. This is super important for your skin.
Should I apply my skincare products?
• Yes, be sure to cleanse your face thoroughly, and moisturize!
What do I need to have with me on the day?
• Just you and your bridesmaids! (And anyone else wanting makeup done). I bring everything needed for doing your makeup application.
Do you travel or do I?
• For the big day, I will travel to you although I do charge a mileage fee. For your trial (if you choose to have one), it is preferred that you travel to me in Churchbridge, SK.
What kind of products do you use?
Some of my favourite brands in my kit are
• Make Up Forever
• Anastasia Beverly Hills
• Urban Decay
• Kat Von D
• Marc Jacobs
• Laura Mercier
• Too Faced
Do you bring your own products?
Am I responsible for providing anything?
No, I provide everything.
Is there any more information that the bride must know?
One thing I will say, make sure to book as soon as possible! Dates book up so fast, especially the Summer months
If you have any other questions for Katie,
or if you’d like to hear from any other vendors, let us know in the comments below!
If you’d like to reach Katie you can email here at – firstname.lastname@example.org